Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Decorating

I finally accomplished the thing I was most worried about. Decorating for Christmas. Why, you ask? Because honestly, I had just got most everything in its place. Only to have to undo some things to do Christmas things. Most of my Christmas decor has been packed away for 2 years. We decided we would only put up our Christmas tree for the two years we spent in our little apartment and nothing else.
 I also begin to think about the fact that I had decorated our little blue house for 25 years and everything had a place. It was a no brainer.But in this house I was feeling quite overwhelmed.  We decided to just bring the tree down, find a place for it, and decorate that first.
Once that was done, Doug would bring down several boxes at a time. I begin to open things I hadn't seen in so long. It really was like Christmas. 
Enjoy the photos of my Christmas home!

The Dining Room
\



The Living Room/Mantel
 


I found this ribbon online. I had seen this on pinterest and loved the black & white check to match my drapes. Added a little pop of red and put it on all the wreaths. LOVE.








Office/Library
I really do love this room and promise to one day show you around. It has treasures.

Kitchen. Heart of the home!!








I most enjoyed taking out my Christmas dishes. I missed them so.

I made these trivets for my WW leaders one year.
"He sees you when you're eating"

I still have one more thing to show you, but this view did not take place here at Clearview. It happened down in Savannah a week ago today. My youngest son returned from his deployment in Afghanistan. We decided not to go down there so he could have space to be with his wife Lisa & son Tyler. Lisa was so good to keep me posted throughout the day with texts & pictures.

I still cry looking at this picture.



This is what all the decorating is about. 
Filling the house with laughter, stories, trucks, baby dolls, grilled cheese sandwiches, goldfish,and especially that look that my boyfriend gives me when no one else is watching that says, I love my life with you!


 This is the view I get to have for Christmas.


Thank you for serving well, Justin.
 Thank you Lisa for being one of the strongest military wives I've ever watched go through a deployment.
Our thoughts
and prayers are with all  our troops & their
  families who are still deployed and will not be home this Christmas. We are forever grateful. 
And we wait for your return.




1 comment:

  1. As always, you do an amazing job of decorating! Can't wait to come over tomorrow and see it in person!! Love you big!

    ReplyDelete