Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

It Looks Like a House!

I honestly don't know how people blog & take pics, post them & then describe in detail.  I can hardly keep up with this blogging thing, but I have a story to tell. And people want to know what's going on with the house, so, I blog on.

We are completely 'dried in'. I am getting very good at my construction language. The roof went on very quickly except for one little glitch. Doug would not have called it little at all. He called it, well, let's just say, . . . it was a really big glitch. Please feel free to ask him about it.
 
Do you see the open area right beside the porch & garage?  Well it has some very intricate roof details and after some back and forth with the engineers, Doug & the builders came up with a solution that suited everyone. And it looks fabulous.

The BIG glitch. 




The FROG. What the south calls a 'finished room over the garage'
I can already see the grandchildren's playroom.

View from the frog.

Peak on the left is my awesome back porch.



I just love this detail on my awesome back pork.
It's 20 ft. tall at the peak. 


You can't see the details very well, but I actually hugged my front door.
We spent about 2 weeks pouring over catalogs for this beauty.  I LOVE IT!

Have I mentioned that I adore my awesome back porch????
Can't wait to sit out there with you.

The other day, Doug & I were sitting out back watching a sunset and we both turned to look back at the house. In seconds, we both looked at each other and said, 'OMG, that's our house'. The dream is actually becoming reality. We can literally touch our dream. We are so overwhelmed by the reality of it all. Stayed tuned, cause next week . . . I have some friends coming over to help us put a different touch on things. We are having a Deut. 6:9 party.
"Write these commandments that I've given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes."  (message) 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment