Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

~Floors & Walls~


I cannot believe how fast this process has gone the past two weeks. I don't even have time to feel each piece of excitement before the next thing happens. So today I will be posting alot of pics and hopefully that will tell the story without too many words. Ready? Walls are going up, people! 

Psalm 16 is one of our inheritance words.
We engraved it in our garage foundation. Look it up.
You'll love it!



Lumber is here. Shade baby!


This crew loves the breezy shade.

This pic cracked me up. Look closely. Doug's name is
written all over these stacks of lumber. How fitting.


Oh yes it is! A 3 car garage. We only have 2 vehicles. Doug said every man need
a place for all his stuff  tools. I'm surprised he didn't write his name in cement there.



Last sunset before the walls go up.



Front Door. Can't wait to welcome you in.



Back Yard. See that massive window? My new bedroom. (giddy)



Isn't that just the cutest tool belt?



From the front of house looking through to the back is the great room window. 
The smaller window is the breakfast nook. I can smell the coffee times.



This guy is in his element. My boyfriend. The builder of dreams. 



And here comes the roof!!!

I told you it was going fast. All this in about 1 1/2 weeks. This crew we have is an awesome bunch of guys. Only one speaks English, so our Spanish lessons are quite fun. I don't even know them, but I love them. One guys name is Romeo and I can't tell you how bad I want to say, 'Romeo, Romeo, where for art  . . . . you know how it goes. I'm gonna make them cookies one day just cause I like them so much. Doug reminded me that they will stop working if I do that. My gift of hospitality is getting the best of me before I even move in. Everybody needs a cookie.

I have loved all the comments & encouragement from everyone. A few of you have even stopped by to check things outs. It's so fun having company already. Can't wait to make you a pot of coffee so we can sit a spell.
We still have not got our heads around this. We are so overwhelmed with God's goodness in this process. Last night, we took some time to go enjoy the sunset for the first time since the walls went up. Doug keeps telling me that I have got to start calling it home. I still call it 'the property'. As we sat there, we laughed, we cried, we were so very very thankful to the One who gave it. 

  Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!
Psalms 16: 5,6



1 comment: