Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Close to Goal.

Still, two more weeks. LOL, but I'm pretty sure this is a true statement today.

The inside is complete. Just a few outside things left to do before getting a 'certificate of occupancy'. I cannot wait to be an 'occupant'! I've been without a home now for 2 years. I'm ready to nest. Design. Create. Decorate. I'm ready to go into the promise land. Yea, those guys had to wait 40 years. Very thankful I won't  be 90 when we move in.

I wanted to give a shout out to some folks who gave up valuable time to paint. Who does that? 
These folks right here.
Laura. You are like a daughter. Thank you.

Rachel. You are my heart. My tall drink of water.I only wish I could have painted the tops of the doors without a ladder.
Check our her teacher blog HERE






John Parish. I don't have a blog big enough for my thoughts about this friend. He has been by Doug's side for more than 2 months. Every afternoon after he gets off work, he has come by to help. Our pastor calls it the 'ministry of presence'.  More than a friend.  Thank you, John.





Chuck & Roger. Chuck was a paint wizard. And Roger might have been praying in this photo. lol
Thank you both.


Selfie with my bestie. Always there for me!! LOYAL friend. 

Wanda. My chum, pal, little sis, problem solver, DEAR friend.  Jeff was there too, but he manages to avoid the camera. Thank you both for your love & support.


Char. My heart full of laughter friend. Neither one of us could paint the top of the doors.
Thank you for your prayer covering & your love for both Doug & I.


My oldest son, Brandon.Your dad has enjoyed you being alongside
him. Thank you.


The builder of dreams. The future is ours!!



Also a shout out to Jim Weathers, Denise Thomas, Ben Rader & his team from the church who also painted and helped build the decks. The finest friends.



I wanted to update you with the finished flooring. We wanted a Brazilian Cherry floor, but could never find a good deal, so we ended up going with a bamboo floor in this cherry color which is so close to the brazillian cherry. Plus it's quite a bit more durable. We are quite pleased.
Ignore the white bar stools. They are from our old house. They are counter height
& I need bar height. There will be a large yard sale in my future.



It's gorgeous!!

And here is a shot from the kitchen looking into the breakfast nook which looks out at the marsh view.
I'm quite possibly in a dream.


 Here's a little tour of the laundry room. Can I just say, IT"S HUGE! FYI: laundry is one of my favorite household chores. Don't ask why. I love sorting & folding it. I especially love how it smells when it's clean. 
This room is definitely one of my favorites.

I love this black & white tile. And yes, Doug put this in. It makes me want to dance.

We found these cabinets from habitat for humanity.
Here is what they looked like then.



Love the tin back splash. Pinterest has been one of my best friends.

And, of course a shout out to Quoizel and my $30 drum light. I've truly become a light snob. Please forgive me.

I hope you enjoyed the tour. I leave you today with the best view I have.

This is gonna happen alot at Clearview.  This is why we build. This is our future. And I'm pretty sure there are more coming our way!! Stay tuned. 








8 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures...you guys did such a wonderful job...it looks like it belongs in Southern Living! The few times we were able to help was so much fun...and made us feel like a part of the beginning history of your new home! We SO LOVE you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great compliment! You are a part of the beginning. Your words over us are forever a part of this home. I love our friendship. Don't you feel a song coming on?! 😘

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, Vic! I do NOT like laundry, but your laundry room might convert me! I'm so happy for you and Doug. And I want to sit and your feet and learn about lighting. I aspire to be a snob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolol. Thanks, Kim. I would be glad to be your lighting guru. Let's begin, grasshopper.

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love!! I love watching your dreams come true! Can't wait til I have dreams running through this house!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart just skipped a beat. I know what that feeling is. Gods promise.

      Delete
  4. Vic, you all have done a fantastic job! Everything looks stunning! I have to agree that the laundry room is adorable, I would even consider helping fold some clothes on the counter. I can't wait to visit my sister in Charleston just so I can visit my best childhood friend and get a clearview of her dream home. Happy moving in day. Will be looking forward to more photos. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, how fun would that be?!!! So many old memories we have. Can't wait for that day. We did laugh a lot, didn't we?

      Delete