Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

She's FIVE & This Is How We 'Let It Go"

Zoe Grace turned 5 on Oct. 21. I tell people all the time not to blink cause their children grow up so fast. I didn't blink. I take in every waking moment of this child. I watch her expressions. I listen. I read her the same book over & over. I watch every dress up session like I'm watching my favorite movie. I drink in her eyes. And yet, here we are at her 5 year birthday party. 


We had the best time planning this party. It was Zoe's choice. So her mom, Elizabeth, her Mimi, Phyllis, her Aunt Rachel, & me came up with our best party yet. And yes, we partied at Clearview. So come join us for Zoe's FROZEN birthday party.

I usually don't have a birthday party without making tissue poms. They are quite easy, but time consuming. I used mostly white because, hey, it IS snowing. We hung these in the breakfast nook. (See how I'm kinda taking you on a house tour here)


I then turned my kitchen counter into a snow like story using a plain white sheet. (I love finding different color sheets at Goodwill for projects like these. About $2-$4) I spread out white Christmas lights, then added white tulle over the lights. I pulled out some small Christmas trees and made a forest. I really was trying to use things that I already had to save money. I also added the frozen purple & teal color poms to the mix. Phyllis had some leftover flowers from another party & we just added them in. They really brightened things up.




Elizabeth made these printouts and we tucked them into the snow.



Rachel made our birthday banner from handy dandy sillouette.
I must get one of those. 

Phyllis drew Olaf for our pin the nose game and we added cut out snowflakes everywhere.

Elizabeth, my daughter in love, really did a wonderful job with all 
of the 'frozen foods'. Take a look at everything. It was so stinking cute!!









And then, Zoe, aka Elsa, showed up.
We gave her a few minutes to take everything in before she transformed into Elsa.
Her Mimi, Phyllis is an extremely talented seamstress & has been making Zoe & Hannah's
Halloween costumes every year. And that usually dictates what the birthday party will be since they are
only weeks apart. I must say that Phyllis outdid herself this year by making Elsa & Anna's outfits for Zoe & Hannah. Well, just take a look.


I have not seen an Elsa or Anna costume that even compares to these in the store. There were beautiful!! I wish there were a MIMI AWARD because she would win!!





Her mommy is great at Elsa hair.




When Zoe put on that dress, she completely transformed into character. It really was amazing & fun to watch. She loves to act, sing, & dance. Look out broadway!!

Tyler made an appearance which always makes us happy.





I honestly think it was such a good birthday party because of Zoe. I've never seen a child totally be in the moment like she was. After opening her presents, she just looked at all her presents and said, 'I just love everything!' If you were to have a frozen heart, it would have melted on this day. 
Zoe. Hannah. Tyler.
These 3 right here fill my heart. They give really warm hugs.

And please stay tuned because Tyler is having a little brother in January. 
I just got goose bumps.


So I choose this year to take in all of her waking moments. Even her sleeping moments. I see purpose, inheritance, dreams, a child's love, and even my own reflection when I look into her brilliant blue eyes. 
It's a reminder and a 'clearview' of how much God loves to look into my eyes. 
Happy Birthday, Zoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment