Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

My New Favorite Room


Doug laughs at me because anytime I finish a room I tell him that it is my new favorite room. Now, I have only completed two rooms. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it sure feels good to say I've completed something. The first room I worked on was the kids room. Everyone calls it Zoe's room even though it is where the grand kids stay or any other guest for that matter. It looks like a kids room and I have it figured out that if the girls are there, it will be girly and when the boy(s) are here it can be changed to the boy decor. When I change it out it will be an Americana theme.

Before we moved in.
                                       
Love the after pic.
I loved decorating this room. I couldn't stop smiling thinking of all the grand kids visits. It was quite fun unpacking all their things that I had been storing. Hannah actually had never even seen some of these toys. Zoe said, 'I remember all of these things, GG'. Tyler doesn't care as long as there are trucks!!

I found this gem at the Community Thrift Store. It was quite nasty.


Cleaned it up and used chalk paint, added new knobs & viola!! I impressed myself with this one,


I found these drawer knobs at Hobby Lobby. They are fun.







My mother made these quilts for her great-grands. I've been saving them just for this room.



This bedroom is on the front of the house. View out of this window is as lovely as the back of house.




Dress Up!






The closets in this house are huge. I have so much room in this one, its room enough for them to go in and play. That bottom right cubicle is camouflage of course.



That suitcase was another project from the condo days. It is full of play clothes. Here's what I did:
Found this old suitcase. Community Thrift is my go-to.


Used scrapbook paper & mod podged away.

It's perfect storage for princess shoes, fairy wings, & wands.


I smile every time I go in here.


Mostly because of these three. Soon to be four.




Some of my best memories were with my grandparents. Doug & I hope to pass that same legacy down to these gifts.  I love my view!!


Coming soon . . . office space. Yep. My new favorite room.







1 comment:

  1. I love it! I feel like I say that on ever post! I love the little chair on the wall! And I've never seen the Minnie Mouse quilt!

    ReplyDelete